2015-03-16

Bericht Nr. 9

G-day everyone,

In three weeks we will leave Australia with a lot of beautiful memories. The time simply flies
away and we are very sad because we have so many new friends here. 

This weekend my exchange family and I traveled to the town of Albury to watch an Australian Football match between the Richmond Tigers and the Port Adelaide Power. We traveled for an hour and a half to finally arrive at the ground. We parked our car in a big field, and went to the stadium. Lots of people came to this game, and so it was hard to find a place for us to sit. After we had found it, we went on to watch the great game. It was a really good game and very interesting for me to see how the australien sport works. We took some nashis and chips with us to have as a snack while watching the match. The Richmond Tigers won the game with 103 to 37 points. 

After the amazing Game, we drove to the Murray River and went for a nice walk in the sunset. It was beautiful because Sulfur Crested Cockatoos, large white birds with yellow heads, were flying above us. And I learned that many years ago the people used the river for transporting goods with boats because it is a very long and big river and many people have 

drowned in it. After that we went to the Hollywood's. That is a very famous Pizzeria and we ate our dinner their, and we had a lots of fun. 

On Sunday, Clyde and I went to the river in Bright to pan for gold. We walked in the river for 20 minutes and then we arrived at the best place. Clyde showed me how to do it and a little while later, I found gold for the first time in my life. It was only a little bit but I was very proud of myself. On our way back I stumbled a few on slippery rocks and splashed into the water - three times!!!

We had a lot of fun on this weekend!

Best wishes Alina

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen